For a long time, the city of Tournai was famous for its pewter potters: Philippe and Michel Boisacq, Descamps, Mambour, and others. According to Lucien Jardez, “the oldest Tournaisian settlement dates back to 1325. The pewter was stamped with the hallmark of the master founder and that of the town. Marks indicated their quality: small, medium or large roses (the latter indicated the best quality)”. From the 12th to the 18th century, 145 pewter makers were listed in Tournai. Clyster syringes, hot-water bottles and purlins evoke the use of pewter by doctors, pharmacists, and others. The display case also includes chalices, a rare inkwell with its powder container, and a miniature coffee service set on a tray with openwork motifs.